Friday, February 11, 2011

Warsaw Malls Continue to Amaze

TGIF. ;)

Today, in Polish class, I was surprised that a member of the Beginner's group joined us... but I guess she thinks Beginning is too easy and she really wants to surround herself with Polish. Well... I was "home schooled" in Polish on-and-off for 21 years and I can feel overwhelmed at times in that class! Not to say I was offended by her decision to consider herself better than beginning level, but I have to stay on my toes in there and I guess I took it as almost arrogant when really she wants to push herself the way I am doing. I suppose there were times during class when I was sitting next to her, thinking, will this be her first and final Intermediate class? She wondered if I understood 90% and I said maybe not give myself that much! I lowered to 75% after she said she picked up... 10%. :-/ I heard her ask for a copy of our books at the end, so maybe this will not be her final foray into the middle level... Class ended a little early, requested by the teacher for many reasons. :-P We did not complain and we also were glad that she did not give us too much homework. When she asked if we wanted more, I said "no thank you" in Polish. ;)

After class, I went to a new-to-me mall: Galeria Mokotow (http://www.galeriamokotow.pl/W/do/centre/accueil). LOVED IT. The main reason I went was to check out a proper-sized grocery store - by my sometimes-bigger-is-better American standards. :-P This was a regular (either Super- or Hipermarket version of Carrefour after having seen an Express [smaller] one at another mall in Centrum). It was great. :) It filled my needs for the closest store to Stop-N-Shop or Wegmans since I left the States. Before going to Carrefour, I came across a small store across from its entrance when I was in the mall: Organic Market.

LOVE
I spent a good while in this store and was in Health Food Heaven. Ahh. So good. I bought hummus (my Polish Whomus, heehee), dried apples, musli bars, and a sunflower seed cookie.
Krowki - a carmel-y type of milky Polish candy - made out of SOY milk :-O

Sugar-free Krowki! Maybe my Babcia will want to try ;)

Yes, fun-shaped pastas. I also saw The Simpsons among others

The sunflower seed cookie I tried (not bad)

Here it is more musli bars than granola bars


DRIED APPLES YUM
I picked up some food and cleaning supplies (first Polish laundry detergent, haha) at Carrefour and did self checkout (something I like doing a lot :-P I noticed the Carrfour Express had it, so I had a good feeling there would be some at this larger one as well). I did a decent amount of shopping and even bought a reusuable bag to add to the big, yellow plastic Mokpol (Polish smaller grocery market store) one I brought.

Scary smoked cheese flavour!

Look where they're from. :)


More apples. :)


Liter. Of. Cola. ;)


"Laguna Beach" water - with and without gas

Did I mention I like apples?

I love LA ;)
I will be back to this mall very soon. :) So much I did not check out since I did groceries first. Of course it has Sephora. I even tried Polish sorbet from a Polish ice cream place - black currant flavor to be even more Polish. :-P
http://www.grycan.pl/indexflash.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment