Friday, February 11, 2011

Miłego Weekendu ;)

The title means Happy Weekend :-D

Still have yet to find my sweetie potatoes, but I have taken a stronger interest in "sususzonymi pomidorami" (basically "sun-dried tomatoes").

Some recent thoughts that I forgot to mention in the previous post:
-Pizza Huts in Poland are "classy." Yes, I find it quite strange. Don't believe me? I can show pictures a colleague took when she went (I'm still "clean" - but I walked by one at the mall and it was a fancy sit-down joint. Strange).

-KFC is always KFC, as if people want to forget what the letters stand-for. It is quite popular and easy-to-find in Poland. Even when a cab driver takes you to the outskirts of town for a Twister. :-P Expensive cab fare later, it actually is closed because more downtown KFCs would be open later (this is from a first-hand account, not a personal anecdote. Again, still "clean" from American fast food).

-Bathrooms at my dorm are not labelled. I have no clue why - basically if urinals are inside, it's techically the male one. That does not stop guys from going in "mine." :-/

-I was quite happy to find a bus (after waiting a bit) from the mall I was at to the bus stop RIGHT in front of my dorm. It is a sign that Galeria Mokotow is pretty great. ;) It even has a tea store. Malls here are so good, ugh.

Weekend Plans:
Gah, maybe more mall-hopping? Possibly a museum or more? Sightseeing around the city? Maybe IKEA? I also have not gone to too many restaurants, cafes, or even food court-type food. I might just make my first trip to a vegan place called "Loving Hut." Sounds fun. And there is a cute cupcake/muffin place:
http://www.goodies.pl/

I will have to check over some maps and previous posts where I thought about places I wanted to visit.

I think I am off to find some good TV-viewing websites that work outside of the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment