Monday, February 14, 2011

Pralnia


So, here at the dorm a key is needed for using certain facilities (luckily not the common kitchen or bathroom), such as the fitness rooms and the laundry room. This rule, in addition to lack of time and good dryers, has made my laundry increase in size. Yesterday I was going to do it, but then it turned into today. ;) I decided to clean my clothes between my morning class and evening class, but the key was not available when I asked and I was too tired to really go again - plus my roommate came back from Berlin and I did not have the energy to clean clothes before my final class by then. I came back around 7PM and decided to check for the key after eating. Well, the laundry facilities are interesting. I thought the microwave was a bit stange, but the washing machines are stranger. Two were open and only have symbols on them... okay. They are small and the room/equipment are the same soapy, wet, sticky areas I am used to by now after almost three years in college. And at least a few machines had mostly Polish on them, even the "directions" and signs posted around the room were in Polish. I did the best I could with these weird machines and I guess I will see how it ends up going...

Not much else to report on. I have three classes tomorrow and my roommate sounds sick. :( I both want her to feel better and, maybe selfishly, do not want to catch whatever throat problem or other illnesses she may possess. My Polish professor thinks she hears in me an improvement in my speaking/Polish, but I really think I am not working hard enough and sometimes avoid speaking, which I am trying to correct. I asked for the laundry room key in Polish the first time I went. That was a full sentence/question! Other than that I have done more reading of labels, signs, etc... And I think Slowania (accent on the l) might be the fitness/exercise room?

I just realized this is the longest I have been in Poland, so I still have time to work on the language since I hear/see it all day! Should have watched more Polish TV than occasional "Pierwsza Milosc"... and reading/grammar would have helped. I will make up for past laziness now. ;) And I am still working on figuring out public transportation, which I worked on some this past weekend.

Good Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment