Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meds

The sun actually peaked out a little on my way back from class! :-P

On my way to my school building a man called to me from behind and I turned around - of course to regret this later - and started talking to me in Polish. He had money and boxes of medications in his hand. He had weird teeth and strange, white eyebrows. I tried to understand what he was saying and told him I don't speak Polish very well, but that did not stop his sad ramble. I think he wanted me to either buy him heart medication or give him money towards the meds... I kept going uhhh and looking around for ways to figure out how to say that I had to go. Then, in my peripheral vision, I saw a middle-aged woman in the door to a bakery look at me and wave her finger a few times. I thought this was a sign to not listen to whatever the old man wanted, so I just walked away without saying any more. Yes, this was weird. I must have a sign on me saying I am a dummy. I guess it is good that I could not determine exactly what he wanted. I had to leave anyway. His teeth alone made me keep my distance. Next time I will just ignore. I know my Mother will read and give advice very soon. ;) :-P

So, I picked up a big binder of readings for one of my classes in addition to my package. :) I opened it before my first class. Thanks, Mom. :-D It included cards, candy, gum, an LA mug, towels, teas, sweet-n-low packets, gloves, boots, post-it notes, highlighters, a book, an owl pillow, and mini LUNA bars.

1 comment:

  1. Yes your Mom will comment....DO NOT STOP to talk to strange people.....and why are you walking alone...I thought it would be in groups? I guess I understand somehow if it is during the day BUT PLEASE NEVER WALK ALONE AT NIGHT!!!!

    I am so glad that you received the package....now you have your nice black dressy boots and proper gloves....ha-ha

    ReplyDelete