Thursday, February 10, 2011

Paluszki

Today in class (Polish Politics & Society), we were lectured on information about Poland between the two world wars. It was interesting and we were given another map, this one showing territories during that time and the names of places are in Polish. :)

After class, I bought myself a water and went to the movie screening... and was the only student to show up, haha. At first it was difficult because a handyman was drilling holes near us (I think the same guy was drilling before when I had class...) and I came in to the classroom with just the Polish language professor there. She was munching on paluszki ("little fingers" - basically thin pretzil sticks) that were onion-flavored while doing Sudoku; I did not know that paluszki came in more than one flavor. :-P I guess I learned a few new things today, heehee. She offered me the bag when I came in and allowed me to take them home, in addition to a large bag of regular paluszki that she told me to give to the Beginning Polish group (they are learning body parts, haha, and I guess fingers was on the list).

The big bag for the Beginners on the left and the onion ones I tried on the right
The movie was really interesting - almost a modern-day, Polish-version of "A Christmas Carol." I liked it a lot. Once the movie ended, I spoke briefly to the professor and she sort of gave me an assignment ( :-/ ), in which I have to talk (or write?) about the movie and the main character in Polish. I will just ramble on a bit next time I see her. :-P She is helpful if I speak in English and ask how to say something in Polish.


Hot and cold drink machines - there's coffee, lattes, tea, soups sometimes, sodas, waters...

The hot machine

Decorative features to one of the hot machines

A Christmas bag that I found empty on the side of my bed

No comments:

Post a Comment