Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cosmic Love

Not much going on today. Polish class was informational and interesting as usual and the weather is pretty good since the sky is blue and the sun is out; it seems warmer than the last few days, but maybe the sunshine is playing tricks on me. :-P I even did my first reimbursements today. The assistant director gave me money from buying dorm supplies that I will leave for future CIEE students (mostly kitchen-related) and money from cultural activities - Chopin and Curie museum tickets (the supplies do not count against the 300 or so zloty we are each given to spend on activities and some transportation in Poland).

I only have one longer Polish lesson on Wednesdays, so after class ended I went to Galeria Mokotow because it is one of the malls that has buses traveling from there directly to my dorm. I figured out a tram that goes from my school to the mall and then there are two buses that go from the mall to my dorm. At the mall, I only went to Empik and Carrefour (I might check out TESCO sometime for groceries since my Polish/Ukranian buddy seemed to sound more favorable towards TESCO and has somehow worked at each). At Empik, I bought a CD; I had been nervous about buying certain electronic items because of a fear of compatability - DVDs need a special European player for example - but I now know CDs are safe. :) I purchased Florence + the Machine's "Between Two Lungs" - the name for a 2-CD version of "Lungs" with extra songs and remixes. Currently putting this onto my iTunes playlist. :-D

My sister Jenn and I are pretty addicted right now. :-P Lucky girl is seeing Florence in concert!
Not much else going on other than a birthday party at a chocolate lounge this evening and one more class tomorrow afternoon before weekend commences. :) I might throw in laundry somewhere and begin some homework - which is mostly just Polish exercises right now (Jewish reading assignment should come sooner-or-later). :)

Also, the pub I went to the other night: http://www.podbarylka.pl/index.php?page=1 The bartender is going to be in a flair competition and my buddy said she went last year and is going again this year if I want to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment