Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's Been One Week

Quick note this time!

There were some issues last night and this morning with Internet and we all mostly took it easy after waking up early and staying up late a lot recently. I woke up to grab some food from our regular breakfast and went back to sleep until almost noon. After that, some of us explored the city on our way to the National Ballet - most of us are going to see "Anna Karenina" tonight. (Theatre: http://www.teatrwielki.pl/en/polish_national_ballet.html and performance: http://www.teatrwielki.pl/en/current_listings/ballet/kalendarium/anna_karenina-1.html?year=2011&month=2&kid=489) We are going to dinner beforehand shortly and we stopped by the Frederic Chopin Museum on the way back from the ballet box office. The museum was full, so we bought tickets to go at noon tomorrow. We received student discounts for both the ballet and the museum. :) Plus, we will be reimbursed by the program for going. On the way to the hostel, I stopped inside of my first Starbucks here and bought the fruit salad that I have had before as more of a fruit cup at Starbucks in the States. The downtown area is amazing. We stopped by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and saw the changing of the guards. It is surprisingly warmer - nearly 9 Celsius! - but still gray, chilly, wet (even some slight drops of rain), and WINDY. Oh my. And especially near Nowy Swiat Street there are a lot of great places to see - stores, restaurants, etc. Now I have had some tea before I go change for tonight.

1 comment:

  1. As you Mom I am so proud and excited for you....we all are ....I read this Blog everynight and Babcia sits with me and we both laugh at your adventures! Now you need to take some group shots I need to see everyone together...you and the group and your "Buddies" and Gosia and Bogdan. Take them infront of the places that you go to. Dzieki,
    Narazie,

    ReplyDelete