Monday, February 7, 2011

Interesting Groceries

Orbit gum (I end up buying the kinds "for kids" sometimes), Coke Zero, apples, bananas, sun-dried or regular tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts (some other vegetables/fruit - except SWEET potatoes), vinegars/oils, no-sugar-added jams, packaged soups (thought not as many easy-to-make ones a la Progresso and Campbell's or easy steamable-in-a-bag using a microwave vegetables - though I have found them before they just don't always have as many bags of them at the store...):

Wasa crisps (lots of breads, rice cakes/waffles, biscuits, cookies, rolls, crackers, etc. here)
There are also several water and juice and other drink brands.

Some other interesting brands include:
Crunchy bars
http://www.sante.pl/
(These are some snack bars I have tried -in addition to Nestle Fitness and store-brand)

Nestle Musli bars
Jogobella Yogurt (among other yogurt and cheese brands)

Sonko rice cakes/waffles
Fiber & Apple cereal

Soy milk (not my usual almond milk, but OK for now - I was between light and unsweetened and chose unsweetened; I will see how it goes)


Grocery shopping is always an experience for me, be it in the USA or not. :-P It is especially interesting maneuvering through grocery stores, looking for products, reading ingredients and labels, and lugging purchases back to wherever I am staying.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way everything looks. You should try Ikea for the kitchen supplies and a large grocery store for the yams this weekend!

    ReplyDelete