Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We Used To Wait

Not much specific happened today other than the fact that it was colder than it has been the last few days. :-/ I had Polish class, where I learned more about cooking/preparation verbs and nouns (quantities, cookingware, foods). So far, I do not have too much homework for this weekend, which is better for me since it leaves more time for going places and having some cultural activities. This afternoon, the CIEE group had a meeting. We discussed the city tours and talked about other traveling in the next couple of months. I need to decide what to do during my Easter/Spring Break. I also have some weekends when I need to choose other activities in and out of Warsaw: museums, maybe stop by Lodz, Bialystock, Malbork, Zamosc... I will look into travel options and prices soon. Right now I have been planning the next two weekends with at least a few hours in Torun on Friday and next weekend in Wroclaw (reserved a hotel room in Wroclaw and bought two-way train tickets for both cities).

After the meeting, I stopped by the Main Warsaw train station to pick up my tickets for the Torun trip; it was interesting because the station is currently undergoing construction. So, it was not as easy to find the post office, but I managed. :-P I also had a script made that was provided by the English-language provider of the tickets. The post office woman seemed confused that I was picking up a package - maybe it does not happen so often that an outsider picks one up - and I had to wait for her to fill out papers and her and I signed some slips. She asked for my passport and luckily settled for my student ID card when I said either that or a driver's license from the States since my passport was not with me. It took a bit (I made good timing because there was no line until one formed after me). Woo, tickets. The ones for my next trip are being sent to my program assistant instead, haha.

Tomorrow I think I may make it to the Copernicus Science Center and then I have one class in the afternoon before the weekend begins. :) Need to decide what I will do on Saturday and Sunday.
Dworzec Centralny: Warszawa - nice white sheet to block the work

No comments:

Post a Comment