Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dancing On My Own

Today I was a bit tired when I woke up, but the shining sun was enough for me to take a shower and head outdoors. The weather was fantastic. :) Spring really is coming.

I went to Zacheta (http://www.zacheta.art.pl/en/), which is an art museum here that is free to go to on Thursdays. The art depends on the exhibit of the moment; the one I saw was "3 Women" about three different female Polish artists; the artwork was mainly from the 1960s and 1970s. All of it was... interesting with a lot of naked and sexual imagery for some reason. :-P On the way to the museum, saw a bit more begging/homelessness/gypsies than I had before. The trams are the places people tend to go on and play music for money or just beg - using instruments and children are common.

After the museum visit, I ended up walking around outside since the weather was reminiscent of spring - fairly "warm" and sunny. I went to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier again and to the park near it; I walked around some of Centrum and Nowy Swiat Street areas (more exploration!). I walked by a couple of recommended places for paczki - since it is Paczki Day/Tlusty Czwartek/Fat Thursday here in Poland. The lines were crazy-long at both, especially since there were none when I went by these places the day before. My adventure to find a good place for a paczek did not work out - I want the best to offer in this country if I have one at all. ;) I gave up when I had to go to class near 3PM. I may try one on Fat Tuesday, when Americans celebrate Paczki Day. :-P Other than seeing a lot of paczki action, I also saw some cute GQ mofos. ;) I guess downtown is good for that.

Today's pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60142466@N03/sets/72157626188943562/

No comments:

Post a Comment