Thursday, March 31, 2011

One More Chance

No classes today, so I took it easy a bit. I decided to finally leave my room after seeing how nice the weather was (60s, sunny, ahh spring). :) I headed for a walk near my dorm (even listening to music on my iPod) and eventually went to the center of the city. I checked out some stores, including TKMAXX, which is basically the same as TJMAXX (but maybe a bit nicer looking). I felt awkward because of my "snake" body: I change temperature easily (especially becoming cold easily and quickly). I was dressed in longer capris/shorter jeans (to the ankle) and a t-shirt and my winter coat (opened) and began to become warm and a little sweaty. Then I took off my coat and my arms were a little cold when the wind blew. Then I put my coat on when I was outside and I was both moist from the sweat and cold from the sweat trying to cool me in addition to the wind blowing on this moistness. :-/ I headed back to my dorm around the time that the sun began to go down and it became chillier with the wind and less direct sunlight. Now I am going back to working on catching up with TV shows (caught up with "How I Met Your Mother" and now I am almost done with "Modern Family" before moving on to another show - I think the only other show I am caught up on might be "The Office.") Also, as I was on the phone earlier, I heard gunshot/bang sounds outside my window that turned out to be fireworks. If I didn't have a camera battery charging, I may have thought to try for a picture. They were so low and close! It was crazy to just move the curtains of my window a bit and there they were, not sure what the occasion would be for their presence. :-P I was glad to see them even if there was no reason in particular. :)

Lesson of the Day: I am not a fan of "you had to be there" moments. :-/

1 comment:

  1. The reader does not know that your last paragraph is about Fireworks...you did not explain...it sounded like a gun....ha-ha

    ReplyDelete