Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Upcoming Plans

-Check out the Copernicus Science Center:
http://www.kopernik.org.pl/en/

-Go to the Jewish Historical Institute to look around and do some genealogy

-Maybe day trip to Torun or Lodz... might do Torun first...

-...laundry... :( and homework :-P

-Warsaw History Museum

-Go to Praga district (maybe the zoo) and other malls or museums or parks...
(I will look at my book, guides, and maps on Warsaw for more ideas, I just hope to have at least some nice weather to walk outside)

Not much happened lately other than I quickly looked into the cafe in the school building A and thought it looked similar to IKEA food and was not in the mood for that sort. :-P Today was International Women's Day, which turns into a one-sided Valentine's Day where many guys buy (a) flower(s) for the women/woman in their lives. I saw some girls walking around with a tulip. I only heard it discussed during my politics class; I don't really see having a special day for women as helpful for equality and the professor said his wife and daughters do not care for this day. There were different opinions, but most of us do not see the day as doing very much for women's rights. Maybe one da.

Some Polish tourism ideas! :-D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Heritage_Sites_in_Poland
(I've been to Warsaw, Krakow, and Auschwitz; will see the salt mine during our trip to Krakow region; planning to check out Torun soon - and maybe Malbork [since we will not stop on the way to or from Gdansk] and Zamosc)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Wonders_of_Poland
(similar to previous list and my notes)

No comments:

Post a Comment