Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Know Places

Serce w Sercu - heart in heart (the gingerbread cookie in keepsake tin I bought)
Today I had lunch at one of the Green Way bars here. Sadly, this is the third I have seen and no stuffed cabbage. I have one more I have yet to see in Warsaw, so maybe there will be some there or I will maybe have some at a place that serves both regular and meatless. I also have yet to have my fruit-filled pierogi. My meal today included lentil soup (with other such vegetables as carrots and potato pieces), vegetables and small bits of tofu in tomato sauce on top of kasza (kasha = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasha) with the side salatki (salads, mostly three different coleslaw-like sides). I liked the food, except when it comes to vegetables there is one variety that I tend to forget that I do not care for (since I tend to think I like all vegetables): peppers. Not a fan. I had some peppers in my food and I am not so into them.

After lunch, I went to the Independence Museum [http://www.muzeumniepodleglosci.art.pl/] (free on Sundays). It was neat since I saw an exhibit on Polish children in exile who went to school in countries other than Poland, such as Israel, Italy, and Mexico. It was neat to see school IDs, report cards, notebooks, and other school materials. There also were political posters, paintings, and cartoons. I read a lot of information about different times in Polish history where Poles fought against various threats for freedom and independence. The museum is also at a location I had walked by several times without even knowing it and the place is a palace. It was very pretty inside. I had some confusion communicating with the people at the door and coat check since the coat check guy asked something about help and I said no and then both of them kept talking to me, so I had to say I do not speak Polish that well and the woman at the door was silenced since she struggled to speak English. She tried to find the word "coat" in her mind and then motioned and I said it. Then we switched to Polish (me making some sense out of her words and me speaking in simple Polish) as I gave my coat and bag to the coat check guy.

After the museum, I headed to a couple stores for some groceries for the next few days before heading back to the dorm for some reading homework.

Pictures are updated on my twitpic! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment