Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lines

I would rather wait a few days than a few minutes in a line. For example, instead of waiting in line on Fat Thursday, I decided to return a few days later when there was no line for paczki. Today I went to the Copernicus Science Center (why I chose mid-day Saturday, now I know was not the best idea) and decided to return another day since not only was the line a bit long (also indicating the inside is probably busy as well), but the weather was amazing and I decided to stay outdoors instead. Thus, I walked near the center along the Wisla River (seeing some bridges and another mermaid statue) near a few parks. I then went to the Warsaw University Library (to the inside where only stores and cafes are, but not into the actual  library since you go through "airport security" and need to stop at a coat check before entering) and its grounds (observation on the roof not open until the end of the month). There is a great park right next to it. After seeing how pretty the library's exteriors (and some interior) are, I went to Old and New Towns. I saw how it is to walk to the Ibis Hotel and then headed back to my dorm. It was a nice walk and I enjoyed the warmer temperatures and sunshine. Since it is the weekend and nice weather, a lot of people were out (especially at tourist sites, such as the science center and Old Town). I think tomorrow I will go to the Independence Museum and maybe the Jewish Historical Institute (both free admission on Sundays) and save Copernicus for Wednesday afternoon or Thursday before class.

Picture reminder, go here: :)
http://twitpic.com/photos/kab1221

I also have been fiddling with my foursquare a bit. :-P
http://foursquare.com/kab1221

Now, yoga, reading, bed.

UPDATE: Torun day-trip on Friday. :) Next to plan include maybe a day-trip to Lodz then... not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment