Thursday, March 24, 2011

Todd Packer

Today, I went on a bit of a duck hunt... only this duck is gold, wears a crown, and is a monument. :-P Part of my homework for Polish class was to find this monument and to take its picture. I researched online to find its location and headed there before my afternoon class. It took a while since the weather was not the best (pretty windy, gray sky, a bit chilly, no sunshine) and I decided to just jump on one of the first buses to come in front of my dorm. I took it to a stop close to the Wisla River and used a map to make my way in a somewhat zig-zag fashion to the monument. It took some street crossing and step retracing, but I finally found my ducky and took some photos, before heading back to my dorm for a bit. I emailed the shots to my teacher before watching the end of "Promised Land." The film was not bad, but I wish the ending gave a bit more detail about what happened to the three friends or even a couple of the other characters; there was a progression in time shortly before the conclusion and I was hoping we would hear more about the lives of Karol, Max, and Mauryc (we only really saw that Karol married and had a son, but not much more than that; it seems the other two men are still involved with Karol in business and in friendship, but it is unsaid whether they marry or have children or do anything else). It was not a film that seemed to be enjoyed by the other students, but I would say there were points I liked and points that I did not like, as with any film. All-in-all, I am more neutral than being someone who completely disliked it. Now I am catching up on "The Office" (I guess I only missed one episode when it seems to have been some time since the last time I watched it; I guess it was on vacation, too). Then, I have to pack for my trip tomorrow.

Be sure to check out http://twitpic.com/photos/kab1221 for up-to-date photos, even my golden duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment