Friday, March 4, 2011

In The Sun

Today's Pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60142466@N03/sets/72157626070086061/

Today I caught up on some sleep a bit. :-P I did have enough energy to eventually make it outside! This was great because the weather was the best yet; "warm" and sunny. I was not sure where to go, so I ended up using a map Gosia gave us again, which was made by locals of "hot spots" in the city. First, I went to check out the hotel my parents and Babcia/grandma are staying at in May called Ibis:
http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-3714-ibis-warszawa-stare-miasto-old-town/location.shtml
I had actually walked across from the place before. :-P I looked quickly around the area immediately surrounding it and went inside. I tried to look in a room a woman was cleaning, but she had the bathroom door open and I could not see anything. :-/ So, I just walked around one floor and the ground floor. I saw around the lobby and into the restaurant. It seems nice and I even scored some visitor and Warsaw travel booklets. :)

After that, I headed to a few spots off the map. These included some walls of the Warsaw Ghetto that are being preserved. It was so crazy to see that I had to touch the walls. Something in me really wanted to make it more than about looking and picture-taking. Some people had left rocks and candles. I also saw that there is a small museum there open on Sundays, so maybe I will head back sometime. I ended up going quickly to the mall to pick up a couple of items (sweet potatoes at Zlote Tarasy are probably the best and almost cheapest) - too bad this mall is super busy since it is downtown and near the train station, which makes it crowded, even by people with luggage. :-/ I went by the Contemporary Art Museum, but I think I will just go back another time.

Weekend plans include maybe seeing a movie ("The Adjustment Bureau" or "The Figher" are a couple of options), hitting more museums (choices include Warsaw History Museum and Literature Museum among others), and seeing more hot-spots out of the guidebook and maps I have collected. I might even make it to the other side of the river eventually! :-P Or even check out more malls and other shopping places - IKEA might be a bit far, but we'll see. ;) I also have a bit of homework, but luckily not too much. Maybe I will look into theatre productions - I saw an ad for "Rocky Horror" coming. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment