Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tulips

Happy Mother's Day [in the US, but not for a couple of weeks here in Poland]! :-D I almost forgot after being tired the last couple of days...

Today, I finished some Polish work and I eventually went out to buy some groceries before then going on a walk to enjoy the nice (warm and sunny) weather. I went from one park near our dorm to another park where there is a large mound with a monument to the Warsaw Uprising on top (read about this place in my Do It In Warsaw! book]. The first park has the same name as a place in the Zakopane area (Morskie Oko). It was there that I saw a dog that resembled my former dog Maggie. :-P There were some nice views of the city from up the "kopiec" (mound). I also walked by a stand with strawberries and flowers; I really like tulips and the berries smelled so nice and sweet. I later walked on Swietokrzyska and Nowy Swiat Streets and the smaller streets that jut out from Nowy Swiat (stopping at a place for a banana-apple-pineapple smoothie). I ended up looking around inside one of my favorite bookstores, Traffic Club. After that, I walked a bit to Centrum before heading back to the dorm, where I will now be doing some homework, listening to music, watching TV or movies I missed, and plan to do laundry today or tomorrow. I hope the weather stays nice so I can catch up on visiting the parks I missed out on in the winter.

Today's photos on my Photobucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment