Sunday, May 15, 2011

Maps

"Wait, they don't love you like I love you... maps..."

My thoughts today were about the song "Maps" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. It can sometimes be easier to stick to a bus ride when you want to go somewhere than to figure out alternatives on-the-spot (sometimes luck or something else comes into play and a map is not needed, but that did not happen today for me). The weather was gray, cool, and rainy (more so in the afternoon a little bit after I decided to venture out). I wanted to do something today other than schoolwork, so I decided to go to Wilanow Palace since the palace has free entry on Sundays and most of my ideas would require the outdoors, but this one had a chance of being inside as well. I was out and did not grab a bus near me, so I took a Metro ride and some walking before giving up in the rain and heading back using a long bus and then tram ride. :-P. Saw some of the city and had a lot of rain on me, but it is okay.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the last school week (and the last Monday). Time for me to head back to working on this silly, lazy Sunday. Just learned not to forget my map next time I go someplace where I may need it. :-P Before I left, I did catch up on "Parks & Recreation" and "The Office," plus a little "Community" (I am a bit more behind on that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment