Monday, May 23, 2011

Czech It Out

After breakfast at the hotel this morning, we spent a few hours driving from Swiebodzin to Prague. I can say we were in three countries today - Poland, Germany, and Czech Republic - and stopped a couple of times along the way. We had lunch at a bar/quick service place on the road (I had borscht that had potato pieces, shredded carrots, and beets and then a gyro in a hamburger roll). After arriving at our hotel in Prague (we drove around and saw some of the city on the way), we went out to dinner [http://www.restauraceandel.cz/; I had a Nicoise salad and some good rye bread, but the sip of beer I had was too bitter and weird for me] and some shopping at a mall between the beer garden type place we ate dinner at and our hotel. We ended the night with some drinks at the hotel bar area (I had green tea) and now I am back in the room. Tomorrow we have some traveling/touring around the city to do and a ballet performance to see in the evening. The weather our next couple of days in Prague should be nice and the city so far seems cool - a mix of Polish and German from first appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment