Friday, May 27, 2011

Culture War

So, we walked around some of Legnica, including where my Mom used to live and to go to school. It is neat to see how it is now and to compare changes I may know about since my visit five years ago and the times when my mother and grandmother used to stay here. We stopped by a newer mall and even went inside the apartment complex my mother and grandparents lived in, where my mother and grandmother spoke with a woman who lived there when they had and told us about some people still there and changes. Our lunch was Polish food (I had Ukrainian borscht and a salad with roasted chicken). Later on, we relaxed at the hotel and some of us went back out to the rynek and had dinner at an Italian restaurant [http://www.dongiovanni.legnica.pl/] (I had a salad with grilled salmon and later some fresh fruit) before walking back. Tomorrow we spend some more time here in Legnica visiting friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment