Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Parks & Recreation

Part of "Grass" by Animal Collective:
I was very nervous how I felt in there
I was very cautious when you said "hey there"
Would you like to see me often
Though you don't need to see me often
Because I'd like to see you, often!
Though I don't need to see you, often!



Today, I began my day with a Polish lesson, during which we were given our practice tests to work on for next week's final exam. We then had a lesson on Zakopane (people, culture - food, music, clothes, art, animals, etc.) and Polish slang. Since the weather was so nice, I decided to head outside and go the Lazienki Park. I am glad to see it now that winter is over (last time I went inside the park was my first full day here at the end of January). The trees are flowering, the animals are out, the sun is shining... it was a nice day to walk around and see most of  the monuments and other sites around the park. After my walk, my program had a meeting; we talked about our trip to Lublin Friday to Saturday (our train departs Friday at about 9AM, to arrive less than 2.5 hours later; we are staying at Hotel Europa: http://www.hoteleuropa.pl/en/; We will almost immediately begin our tour of Lublin - mainly places of Jewish significance - after we check-in and drop off our luggage. In the evening, we have a group dinner at Mandragora Restaurant: http://www.mandragora.lublin.pl/, which apparently is Jewish cuisine to fit with the trip's theme/purpose of Jewish education.) Saturday, we have breakfast at the hotel before a tour of Majdanek concentration camp. Our train back to Warsaw is at about noon, so we can prepare for Night of the Museums and have some time to ourselves. Also, we received information at the meeting about our final dinner (Wednesday evening in Old Town), our program evaluation, and finishing the semester - checking out of the dorm, finishing classes, etc.

Only one more day of classes this week, plus I need to finish a paper before leaving for our Lublin trip. :-/ After that, I have classes and one test next week, plus 3 final papers that need to be completed by early June.

Photos from today on Photobucket...

No comments:

Post a Comment