Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Speaking in Tongues

So, the Czech language comes across to me as some kind of weird, altered Polish (not quite a Bizarro World version since there seem to be a lot of similarities). :-P And the city of Prague itself is quite infested with tourists and peoples of all kinds, which has given it diversity in terms of ages, languages, ethnicities, colors... everything.  I have been surprised by the large numbers of people I have seen lately, which must mean that I have been around too many tourist places/attractions or other commercial/places of interest (restaurants, stores, malls, etc.). Well, the city itself must be busy anyway. I am not sure I can imagine it in high season... whenever that may be (I guess between June and September sometime when more people have time off with children out of school). Today, after breakfast, we went and did a tour of the Prague Castle area. There were several tour groups, especially for senior citizens and school-age children. Prague so far seems much more touristy than Warsaw, Krakow, or any of the cities I have been to in Europe lately (might be behind only Venice so far in terms of numbers and busyness...). At one point we weirdly saw a woman walking around with a bobcat-like animal on a leash... We headed to Old Town for lunch al fresco [http://www.staromestskarestaurace.cz; I had potato soup, rye bread, and another Nicoise-like salad] and some gelato (I had a mixed berry flavor). Now we are relaxing in the hotel before the ballet tonight.

Sadly, now I am dealing with some weird cold. :-/ But, at least the weather is nice for our final day here in Prague before moving on to Dresden... As usual, I added some of today's photos to Photobucket. :)


“Thus, learning to understand our dreams is a matter of learning to understand our heart’s language.”
― Ann Faraday

Blog post title refers to this: http://indieblogheaven.typepad.com/indieblogheaven/2011/05/hear-the-two-new-arcade-fire-bonus-tracks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment