Friday, January 14, 2011

Shots Shots Shots!

I've done a lot to prepare for studying abroad: info sessions, applications, medical visits... and today I had more shots. Ugh.

I had to do Hepatitis A (another one set for mid-July! Yipee! :-/ ) and td (for tetanus). I now have nifty Peanuts Band-Aids on each arm. My Mom has a habit of accompanying me on these such appointments where I turn colors (apparently nice shades of white and green. Fun) and break out into a cold sweat (she thought I might pass out, which I did not. She did buy me lunch later though). I was dizzy and told by nurses to sit with my head between my legs and sip water while rubbing cold, wet paper towels on my face and neck. My eyesight was as strange as I felt; I became tired and a bit dizzy while I saw some weird colors and blurs. And my arms feel weird. It's not so much the needle that scares me or that feels bad, but the medicine running through my body. Well, I am ESPECIALLY looking forward to pain in my arms tomorrow (I have been warned). I haven't reacted this much to vaccines since my HPV series a few years ago. I guess now I have to worry about packing. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment