Thursday, January 27, 2011

Almost Done & "It's Time to Put the Kettle On"

After the vet visit, it seems my bigger suitcase is about 48.8 lbs. That is under 50, so I am not going to have to freak out about deciding what else to remove either permanently or short-term (for shipping by my Mom later on - woo, care packages). I have some finishing touches to make on my carry-on backpack, but I am more or less complete packing. Yay. THAT WAS ROUGH.

This afternoon my Mom and I attended a fun library event of afternoon tea. I won a door prize that included tea bags, a tea cup, chocolates, and a cookbook from a chain of tea spots I have always wanted to go to (at least one of the three locations) in NYC. The seem even GREATER now. :) I have looked at the menus of the locations so many times, especially right before I have to go to NYC. I wish I had a bit more time to use the recipes! I may be baker-crazy when I return to the US.
http://www.alicesteacup.com/

"The Answer to 'How Much Glitter?' is 'Yes.' ... Glitter makes the young feel magical and the rest feel young. No one is ever too old to sparkle!"

The woman who gave the presentation was a REALLY nice English woman from Yorkshire originally. She made all of the open-faced sandwiches, scones, and little desserts that us attendees ate. The food was a bit meh, but the tea made my cheeks rosy and my whole body warm. Yum. ;) My wool sweater helped with the warmth, too. And I love using proper tea china. Not only did we use it, I won some that was made in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment