Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Street Food: Zapiekanki & Such

Zapiekanki
I guess I might be missing out by not trying these, one of the Polish street foods consisting of baguette, cheese, toppings (mushrooms, ham, chives, bacon, chicken, sausage, etc.), ketchup, and/or mayo. If I ever decide to have one of these guys, I guess I know where to go:
http://www.tvnwarszawa.pl/archiwum/1042,ranking_aktywne.html

Other street foods: I have had a pączek (donut), not any soft-serve ice cream (but I have had sorbet from a couple of Polish ice cream shops), no gofry (saw and smelled a TON of it at the zoo especially, but I am not sure I am that interested...), no naleśniki (though I have had some IN a dish) or kebab or those little pretzel/bagel rings (forgot the name) yet. The rest are more American street foods: hot dogs, hamburgers, fast food. Proper Polish dishes are at food/regular/milk bars, cafes, and restaurants.


More Warsaw Rankings: http://www.tvnwarszawa.pl/archiwum/rankingi.html

No comments:

Post a Comment