Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Savior's Square / Plac Zbawiciela

I saw fireworks again. :)

Tomorrow, in Polish class, we are watching another film: http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117934108?refcatid=31


This weekend is the Gdansk/Gdynia/Sopot trip and then on Monday afternoon my Jews in Poland class is going on a tour of "Jewish Warsaw." In this class, we also began to watch a DVD with different clips of stories from survivors of Auschwitz. It seems the more detailed the accounts are and the more I learn about Auschwitz, the worse this place (I have already seen in person) becomes... not that a concentration camp can ever really seem any better... but it is almost unbelievable. 

My politics class had a discussion about Polish mass media today, which was interesting because we heard about different present-day magazines, television channels, and radio stations. Since I have a field trip for my Jewish class on Monday afternoon, I will sadly be missing a speaker coming to this politics class - a well-educated economist and friend of our professor. We also may go visit the parliament buildings next week with our politics professor, specific date and time in the process of being scheduled.

The weather today was very unpredictable. The last few days have been not-too-great weather-wise, but today was actually nice for a few hours mid-day. But, while I was in my last class, the sky darkened to gray and then it was chilly and began to rain on-and-off (drizzling right now). I hope the weekend weather on the Baltic is nice for our touring!

No comments:

Post a Comment