Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Transatlanticism

Today was the last full day in Warsaw (and Poland). After breakfast at the hotel, we took a bus to city center and went to the observation deck of the Palace of Culture and Science.
I had not been there since February, so it was interesting seeing all over the city now that it is nearly summer. I liked being able to see places from above (even figuring out directions and sites from the 30th floor of this famous building) and the piano key crosswalks nearby. After the palace, we walked to Saski (Saxon) Garden/Park and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It was a pretty day as the sun shined, the temperature rose, and flowers looked colorful. I also appreciated all of the lovely fountains around the city. We walked from the tomb down Krakowskie Przedmiescie Street (stopping for a break and some drinks at the restaurant at Kino Kultura [http://www.kinokultura.pl/page.php?pid=6] to Old Town and New Town, before going back to Krakowskie Przedmiescie Street for lunch at Literatka [http://www.literatka.com.pl/; I had a fish soup and the grilled salmon salad]. We then walked along this street and Nowy Swiat Street, ending on Chmielna to buy paczki and ice cream for my Mom. We took a bus back to our hotel to relax and to cool off after this trip. This evening, I went for a walk to buy some items for a light dinner, which we ate while watching the news. Now I am watching TV after taking a shower since we have a quiet night before an early trip tomorrow. We have one flight Warsaw to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to Paris, then Paris to Philadelphia, which is followed by a car drive home. Taxis, Planes, and cars home. :-P We have had a lot of great meals, great experiences, and great weather the last couple of weeks (and I have had the greatest time this semester). I am almost beginning to miss Warsaw, Poland, and Europe before even leaving yet. I hope to be back in the near future, but I have to finish up at Fairfield first of course. :) And I have completed the work for three out of five classes this semester (two papers to complete when I am back at home in NY). Back to the USA soon...

1 comment:

  1. Mesmerized article written on this blog with other relevant information. It is straight to the point that how we can improve our skills as well as how we can be represented to a new stream of professionalism.kookcursus amsterdam

    ReplyDelete