Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Coming Soon...

Finally watched "The Way Back" and it was pretty good. Some of characters are Polish, including the main character Janusz (Jim Sturgess). The story is about men who escape a gulag in Siberia and trek all the way to India through Mongolia, China, and Tibet. The film left me with some questions that I had to research online after the movie ended. It had a lot of important facts - not just from during WWII, but also after about such events as Prague Spring and Solidarity - that I generally already knew, but they are still not widely known in history classes taught in America, so it is valuable for the audience to learn.

I am working on my last paper for the spring semester. After that, I need to begin thinking about some work I will begin in the fall.

Some posts I am planning to do:
-Recommendations (food, stores, restaurants, museums, tourist/interesting places to see - mainly in Poland, Warsaw especially)
-Future travel and possible plans to go back to Poland in 2012
-Further Polish lessons
-School (and thoughts about grad school)
-Summer reading and events

No comments:

Post a Comment