Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Week

"Bloom" by Pogo
Neat remix/mash-up of Disney songs into one neat mix.


Already just one week left until move-in day. Not much going on lately other than reading "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett (which means more Prior Philip, Tom Builder, and  - especially - Jack Jackson enjoyment, haha). I have begun some buying/packing/prepping for moving back to school next Wednesday (plus I'll be in a townhouse again, which is much easier than being in any dorm - own kitchen, own bathroom, own living/dining space) or dealing with "real life" rentals on the beach or elsewhere off-campus; apartments are not too different from townhouses I'd assume). I have my textbooks bought or rented for pick-up on campus; I did some clothes shopping and collecting of past semesters' dorm items, which leaves actual packing of said items into boxes and suitcase(s) before packing a car. Plus, GRE practice has sadly had to begin as I have just over one month until my test date. I will also begin Polish lessons (it is an adult enrichment class in a nearby town to my school, just under 30 minutes away; other world language classes were Spanish and Italian, but there might be others as well; other classes for adults ranged from fitness/health-related: Zumba and the like, to gardening, cooking, art, and business skills); classes will be weekly for six weeks on Monday evenings for two hours, beginning at the end of September and ending probably by late October/early November (depending on if there will be classes on Columbus Day and Halloween). I attempted to do some work in my Polish books that I have from classes while abroad, but it helped much more when I was not only immersed, but also doing more guided lessons in a class with a teacher; giving myself homework made it too tempting to just look at answers since the book does not give quite enough guidance or instruction - it is much easier to have someone to help explain the grammar. One more weekend is left to spend time with family, then off to CT (where I will have one more family weekend when visitors come for Labor Day weekend a couple of days later).

1 comment: